Welcome to the Food Revolution
There’s a big change going on in the way we’re thinking about our food. We’re standing up for family farms, healthy soil, unsprayed crops and a food system that values health for both people and planet.
Please join us.
We can all claim our places as agents of change. It’s simple. And it’s radical at the same time.
Below is our vision for how to participate, as well as resources to help you learn more. We’d love to hear your ideas about conscious eating.
Guidelines for the Food Revolutionary
- Eat unsprayed/organic food. It serves your body – and the planet.
- If you eat meat, eat it sparingly and make sure it comes from a farmer who pastures her livestock, avoids antibiotics and steroids and provides humane living conditions. Look for grass fed beef, truly free-range chickens and ethically sourced fish.
- Keep GMOs and BPA out of your diet. It’s all a grand experiment, and we’re the test subjects.
- Eat local/know your farmer. Eating in your local foodshed means less fossil fuel used to transport food as well as the opportunity to know more about who’s growing your food and how. Joining a CSA is a great place to start.
- Eat seasonal foods. The joys of the “firsts” - think asparagus, strawberries, heirloom tomatoes - are a simple pleasure worth waiting for. Eating seasonally also grounds you to season and place.
- Bring gratitude to the table. Taking a moment for a simple “thank you for this food” is a direct path for acknowledging how blessed we are.
- Grow some of your own food. Picking lettuces or herbs outside your doorway (ideally barefoot!) is a doorway to pleasure and connection to the earth.
- Cook at home. Food made with mindfulness and love is truly more nutritious. Think simple, plan ahead, involve your children.
- Eat together. The pleasures of the table are meant to be shared. Teach your children, celebrate abundance, talk about what matters to you. Connect.